This award is conferred upon an alumna or alumnus of the Information School at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in recognition of outstanding leadership and accomplishment in library service.
Nominate an Alumna or Alumnus
Information School alumni and other individuals with an interest in the iSchool may submit a nomination for the award.
Nomination Deadline: March 10, 2023
In making the award, the jury will consider such activities or accomplishments as the following:
- community betterment through broadened scope and quality service;
- contribution to any area of services benefiting library users or members of the library community;
- distinguished service to the profession;
- outstanding participation in activities of professional library associations;
- notable publications and productions;
- leadership in education and in-service training for librarians;
- extension of library services through cooperation;
- improvement in library techniques or management;
- development of library facilities;
- service to UW-Madison iSchool and/or its Alumni Association.
To Submit a Nomination:
(1) Nominators must complete the nomination form.
(2) As part of completing the nomination form, the nominator must upload a PDF file of the entire nomination packet, which should include the following:
(a) The nominator’s letter of nomination(recommendation)
(b) A current copy of the nominee’s CV or resume
(c) 2-3 additional letters of recommendation supporting the nomination. (Please do not submit more than 3 additional letters of recommendation.)
Timeline for Determining the iSchool’s 2023 Distinguished Alumna/us:
Nominations will be reviewed during the remainder of March 2023. It is anticipated that the nominee selected and their nominator will be notified in late March/Early April 2023.
Questions can be sent to Tanya Hendricks Cobb at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
View previous award recipients