This award is conferred upon an alumna or alumnus of the Information School at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in recognition of outstanding leadership and accomplishment in library service.
Nominate an Alumna or Alumnus
Information School alumni and other individuals with an interest in the iSchool may submit a nomination for the award. Nominations should include basic information about the nominee (name, year of graduation, accomplishments and achievements, contact information). Letters of support of the nominee will be enthusiastically accepted. The deadline for such nominations is December 1st of each year.
In making the award, the jury will consider such activities or accomplishments as the following:
- community betterment through broadened scope and quality service;
- contribution to any area of services benefiting library users or members of the library community;
- distinguished service to the profession;
- outstanding participation in activities of professional library associations;
- notable publications and productions;
- leadership in education and in-service training for librarians;
- extension of library services through cooperation;
- improvement in library techniques or management;
- development of library facilities;
- service to UW-Madison iSchool and/or its Alumni Association.
Email nominations to:
Tanya Hendricks Cobb, Student & Alumni Services
Telephone: (608) 263-2909
In 2006, a special Centennial Award was also given. Centennial Award recipients include: Lawrence J. Jacobsen (1971), Nolan Yelich (1966), Nancy Kranich (1973), Kathleen T. Horning (1982), Lorene Byron Brown (Ph.D. 1974), Madge Hildebrandt Klais (1972), Roy Mersky (1953).