Continuing Education Services at the UW-Madison iSchool announces a scholarship for Wisconsin library directors currently taking certification courses. Several scholarships are available for Fall 2020 certification courses. We will cover the entire cost of one certification course for each of winners.
We will be offering the following courses in the fall of 2020:
- Basic Public Library Administration
- Advanced Public Library Administration
- Public and Community Library Services
Applicants must meet these requirements:
- Only Wisconsin public library directors currently pursuing Grades II or III certification are eligible for this scholarship.
- Previous scholarship winners are not eligible to win again.
- Applicants are permitted to apply the scholarship to one course only.
- One scholarship will be awarded per winner.
- The scholarship must be applied to a course offered in the same semester as the award is given.
- We encourage applications from directors who have applied previously but were not awarded a scholarship, as well as first-time applicants.
Please send an email with “CE Scholarship” in the subject line to Meredith Lowe, email@example.com. In the body of the email, include your name, library, and a paragraph or two about how taking the certification courses helps you provide excellent service to your community, and how the scholarship funds will help your library. Applications are due by 5:00pm CST on Friday, August 7. The winners will be announced during the week of August 10.
If a winner has already registered for an upcoming certification course, their course fee will be refunded.
Questions may be directed to Meredith Lowe, firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-890-0364.
Congratulations to our past winners!
- Jodi Bailey, Poynette Area Public Library
- Sarah DiPadova, Soldiers Grove Public Library
- Mindy Hess, Taylor Memorial Library
- Samma Johnson, Cadott Community Library
- Leslie Peterson, Centuria Public Library
- Kathryn Stempf, Bruce Area Library
- Shay Foxenberg, Shiocton Public Library
- Le Ann Hopp, Marion Public Library
- Ken Kittleson, Norwalk Public Library
- Stephanie Schmidt, Crandon Public Library
- Jodi Kessel Szpiszar, Butler Public Library
- Lisa Thomas, Spring Green Public Library
- April Arndt, Ontario Public Library
- Dawn Murphy, Lowell Public Library
- Katie Schofield, Rock Springs Public Library
- Kayla Pettis, Taylor Public Library
- Lauren Schuppe, Madeline Island Public Library
- Jannette Thrane, Juneau Public Library
- Carol Deer, Packwaukee Public Library
- Chris Kalupa, Berlin Public Library
- Carol Petrina, Kewaunee Public Library
- Cathy Kolbeck, Algoma Public Library
- Barbara Krueger, Deer Park Public Library
- Sarah Kyrie, Argyle Public Library
- Erica Clarkson, Frances L. Simek Memorial Library (Medford, WI)
- Shelly Knaack, Presque Isle Community Library
- Rachel Martens, Hortonville Public Library
- Teresa Hall, Loyal Public Library
- Kristin Laufenberg, Farnsworth Public Library (Oconto, WI)
- Carla Huston, Jean M. Thomsen Memorial Library (Stetsonville, WI)
- Kim Metzke, Greenwood Public Library
- Arin Wilken, Mondovi Public Library