In this course, you will look at what could be holding your library back from hiring diverse candidates, including personal biases. Explore ways to approach diverse hiring in your institution and during your hiring process. You will also examine your organizational culture and discover what it reveals about diverse employees at your library.
At a glance
- Acknowledging privilege and minimizing biases and their impact on hiring practices
- Reaching diverse candidates when you have a job opening
- Tools to review applications that give diverse candidates better opportunities
- Interview tips to highlight diversity and inclusion as topics
- Helping your new diverse staff to thrive in your organization
Tasha Saecker is the assistant director of the Appleton (WI) Public Library where she strives (and has made progress!) to create a diverse library staff reflective of the community.