Bootcamp 2018 is August 6-9
Students in the iSchool Online Masters Program begin their studies with a week in residence in Madison.
Reservations for on-campus housing for 2018 Bootcamp are now open. University Housing is accepting reservations from April 11-July 19.
For more details, and to make a room reservation, go directly to the University Housing reservation page. (Scroll down to “iSchool Online Students’ Orientation”. Iris Registration is Housing’s online registration program, and for online reservations, you will need to create an Iris account.)
More questions? Contact the Conference Services Office at 608-262-5576 or email@example.com.
During Bootcamp, new online students will meet their classmates as well as some iSchool faculty and staff. Some topics that will be covered:
- Overview of the iSchool curriculum
- Introduction to your first two classes, LIS 601 & 602
- How to use CANVAS — the courseware used to deliver distance courses
- Instruction on UW-Madison library resources, such as research databases and citation managers
- Student-created poster presentations about their practicum placements
- Complete the Technology Competency Survey — to insure that all students have basic technology skills
The draft schedule for 2018 Bootcamp is now available. The times and events are unlikely to change; room locations will be added soon!
Lodging for Bootcamp is arranged through University Housing, Conference Services, in one of the University residence halls (see amenities). To see rates and policies, and make a room reservation, go directly to the University Housing reservation page. More questions? Contact the Conference Services Office at 608-262-5576 or firstname.lastname@example.org.