Students in the iSchool Online Masters Program begin their studies with a week in residence in Madison.
Bootcamp 2019 will be August 5-8.
Room Reservations for on-campus housing for 2019 Bootcamp is now open.
For more details, and to make your room reservation, go directly to the University Housing reservation page. (Scroll down to “iSchool Online Students’ Orientation”. Iris Registration is Housing’s online registration program, and for online reservations, you will need to create an Iris account.)
More questions? Contact Debra Shapiro, Coordinator of the online masters.
Questions about your reservation? please contact the Conference Services Office directly at 608-262-5576 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
During Bootcamp, new online students will meet their classmates as well as some iSchool faculty and staff. Some topics that will be covered:
- Overview of the iSchool curriculum
- Introduction to your first two classes, LIS 601 & 602
- How to use CANVAS — the courseware used to deliver distance courses
- Instruction on UW-Madison library resources, such as research databases and citation managers
- Student-created poster presentations about their practicum placements
- Complete the Technology Competency Survey — to insure that all students have basic technology skills
June 3: Draft schedule for Bootcamp now available – room locations and few details may change, but the majority of the schedule is set.
Lodging for Bootcamp is arranged through University Housing, Conference Services, in one of the University residence halls (see amenities). To see rates and policies, and make a room reservation, go directly to the University Housing reservation page. More questions? Contact the Conference Services Office at 608-262-5576 or email@example.com.
Parking passes for the Bootcamp week can be purchased for an additional fee (currently $12 per day). You must order permits at least two weeks before the dates you will be on campus, otherwise you will have to make arrangements for parking in-person when you arrive on campus.
Questions about parking? See UW Transportation Services Visitor Parking.