Bootcamp for students admitted for Fall 2017 is Aug 7-10
During Bootcamp, new distance students will meet their classmates as well as some iSchool faculty and staff. Some topics that will be covered:
- Overview of the iSchool curriculum
- Introduction to your first two classes, LIS 601 & 602
- How to use CANVAS — the courseware used to deliver distance courses
- Instruction on UW-Madison library resources, such as research databases and citation managers
- Student-created poster presentations about their practicum placements
- Complete the Technology Competency Survey — to insure that all students have basic technology skills
Here’s the final schedule for 2017 Bootcamp, with August 8, 2017, updates.
Lodging for Bootcamp is arranged through University Housing, Conference Services, in Ogg Hall (see amenities). To see rates and policies, and make a room reservation, go directly to the University Housing reservation page. More questions? Contact the Conference Services Office at 608.262.5576 or email@example.com.