Students in the iSchool Online Masters Program begin their studies with a 4-day orientation held on the UW-Madison campus.
Bootcamp 2020 will be August 3-6, as an online event
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, for the safety of our students, UW-Madison and the iSchool have determined that the format of Bootcamp will be changed from in-person to a synchronous, online event, held on the same dates, August 3-6, 2020. Students will be able to login in real time, and participate from afar.
Outline schedule for Virtual Bootcamp 2020 now available
Pre-work and links to synchronous sessions will be available in the Bootcamp CANVAS course, open July 27th.
Questions? Contact Debra Shapiro, Coordinator of the online masters.
During Bootcamp, new online students will be able to virtually connect with their classmates and some iSchool faculty and staff.
Some topics that will be covered:
- Overview of the iSchool curriculum
- Introduction to your first two classes, LIS 601 & 602
- How to use Canvas — the courseware used to deliver distance courses
- Instruction on UW-Madison library resources, such as research databases and citation managers
- Student-created poster presentations about their practicum placements
- Complete the Technology Competency Survey — to insure that all students have basic technology skills