Students in the iSchool Online Masters Program begin their studies with a 4-day orientation usually held on the UW-Madison campus, online since 2020 due to Covid-19.
Bootcamp 2021 will be online, August 2-5
Please see the outline schedule for an idea of the order of events
Bootcamp 2021 Information:
The synchronous portions (when we’ll all be logged in together) of Bootcamp will take place from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM Central time on all four days, Monday, August 2 to Thursday, August 5.
- Outline schedule for Virtual Bootcamp 2021 – updated July 29 – everything will take place between 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM Central time, but some events may move or be deleted;
- Pre-work and links to synchronous sessions will be available in the Bootcamp CANVAS course, open July 26th, 2021.
Questions? Contact Debra Shapiro, Coordinator of the online masters.
During Bootcamp, new online students will be able to virtually connect with their classmates and some iSchool faculty and staff.
Some topics that will be covered:
- Overview of the iSchool curriculum
- Introduction to your first two classes, LIS 601 & 602
- How to use Canvas — the courseware used to deliver distance courses
- Instruction on UW-Madison library resources, such as research databases and citation managers
- Student-created poster presentations about their practicum placements
- Complete the Technology Competency Survey — to insure that all students have basic technology skills