Specialized professional development awards
To apply for Esuch or Ormsby, contact the iSchool Director. The Zweizig Award has its own application.
- Peg Eusch Records and Information Management Student Fund: To provide support for professional networking, mentoring, and learning for iSchool graduate students interested in and participating in the professional field of Records and Information Management. Professional development activities that may be supported include: professional organization memberships (e.g., ARMA), conferences (e.g., MER, NAGARA conferences), professional chapter meetings.
- Rita Ormsby Special Libraries Association (SLA) Conference Support: Funding for six students wishing to attend the 2020 virtual Special Libraries Association (SLA) conference on Oct 14-16, 2020 has been generously provided by Rita Ormsby, an iSchool alumna.
- The Lawrence C. Zweizig Student Leadership Award funds are given to a current student to defray the cost of attending a professional conference or conferences.
Presenter/governance support travel funds
Additionally, the iSchool has limited endowment funds to support MA student presentation at conferences and participation in professional associations. iSchool students who are presenting at regional, national or international conferences may apply to the iSchool Director for travel support.
Applications for groups of students to share costs to attend a conference (regardless of whether students are giving a presentation) are also encouraged.
To apply, email the iSchool Director with the following information:
- Name, dates, and location of conference, URL;
- Budget (include per person registration, accommodation, and transportation costs);
- Names of other sources of funding to which you have applied, with amounts;
- A two- or three-sentence explanation of why attending this conference is important to you. Include the title of your presentation, or nature of your participation if applicable.