Professional development award
To apply for this award contact the iSchool Director.
- Peg Eusch Records and Information Management Student Fund: To provide support for professional networking, mentoring, and learning for iSchool graduate students interested in and participating in the professional field of Records and Information Management. Professional development activities that may be supported include: professional organization memberships (e.g., ARMA), conferences (e.g., MER, NAGARA conferences), professional chapter meetings.
Presenter/governance support travel funds
Additionally, the iSchool has limited endowment funds to support MA student presentations at conferences and participation in professional associations. iSchool students who are presenting at regional, national or international conferences may apply to the iSchool Director for travel support.
To apply, email the iSchool Director with the following information:
- Name, dates, and location of conference, URL;
- Budget (include per person registration, accommodation, and transportation costs);
- Names of other sources of funding to which you have applied, with amounts;
- A two- or three-sentence explanation of why attending this conference is important to you. Include the title of your presentation, or nature of your participation if applicable.
Applications for groups of students to share costs to attend a conference (regardless of whether students are giving a presentation) are also encouraged. Student organizations seeking funding to attend a conference should submit a travel proposal to their group’s advisor, who will then submit the proposal to the iSchool Director for review.