The iSchool and UW-Madison partner programs offers an online capstone certificate in User Experience Design (MadUX). Capstone certificates are educational credentials aimed at working adults who seek further education to advance their careers or move into new fields without the commitment of a full masters degree.
Note to current UW-Madison students: Students may not be concurrently enrolled in a capstone certificate, the iSchool MA program, or other graduate degrees at UW-Madison. Credits completed in a capstone certificate prior to beginning the iSchool MA are eligible for credit transfer after admission into the iSchool MA.
User Experience Design "MadUX"
The UW-Madison User Experience Design online capstone certificate (“MadUX”) provides you with introductory through intermediate user experience skills to plan, design, and assess innovative digital user experiences via digital applications and media. You can complete the certificate entirely online, within one calendar year allowing for balance of your education, work and life.
In the MadUX certificate, you will:
- Learn theories, techniques and tools of digital design
- Practice assessing user satisfaction with digital media
- Practice different prototyping techniques
- Collect and analyze data about users, user needs and use environments
- Work to improve the usability, accessibility, and pleasure with which people interact with digital spaces over periods of time