Continuing Education Services at the UW-Madison iSchool announces a scholarship for Wisconsin library directors currently taking certification courses. Several scholarships are available for spring certification courses. We will cover the entire cost of one certification course fee for each of winners. Textbook costs (if applicable) are not included in this award. This award is applied to certification course registration fees and funds are not payable directly to the winner.
**If you are applying for a scholarship, please avoid registering for a class until you are informed of the award results. You will be provided with a promo code to register at no cost. This avoids waiting for a refund to process.
We offer the following courses in Spring 2024 (dates TBA):
- Basic Public Library Administration
- Organization and Management of Collections
Applicants must meet these requirements:
- Only Wisconsin public library directors currently pursuing Grades II or III certification are eligible for this scholarship.
- Previous scholarship winners are not eligible to win again.
- Applicants are permitted to apply the scholarship to one course only.
- One scholarship will be awarded per winner.
- The scholarship must be applied to a course offered in the same semester as the award is given.
- We encourage applications from directors who have applied previously but were not awarded a scholarship, as well as first-time applicants.
Please send an email with “CE Scholarship” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the email, include your name, library, and a paragraph or two about how taking the certification courses helps you provide excellent service to your community, and how the scholarship funds will help your library. Applications are due by 5:00pm CST on Friday, August 2. The winners will be announced the following week.
Questions may be directed to the Continuing Education team at email@example.com.