Congratulations Michele Besant
The Information School at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is pleased to announce Michele Besant (MA ’93, PhD ’99) has been selected by the Alumni Board as the recipient of the 2023 Alumni of the Year Award. This annual award recognizes outstanding alumni in recognition of leadership and accomplishment in the field of library and information studies.
Distinguished Alumni Award
This award is conferred upon an alumna or alumnus of the Information School at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in recognition of outstanding leadership and accomplishments.
Nominate An Alum
Information School alumni and other individuals with an interest in the iSchool may submit a nomination for the award.
2024 Nomination Deadline: Will be announced in January 2024
In making the award, the jury will consider such activities or accomplishments as the following:
- community betterment through broadened scope and quality service
- contribution to any area of services benefiting library users or members of the library community
- distinguished service to the profession
- outstanding participation in activities of professional library associations
- notable publications and productions
- leadership in education and in-service training in their field
- extension of library services through cooperation
- improvement in library techniques or management
- development of library facilities
- service to UW-Madison iSchool and/or its Alumni Association
To Submit a Nomination:
- Nominators must complete the nomination form. Nomination Form
- As part of completing the nomination form, the nominator must upload a PDF file of the entire nomination packet, which should include the following:
- The nominator’s letter of nomination/recommendation
- A current copy of the nominee’s CV or resume
- 2-3 additional letters of recommendation supporting the nomination. (Please do not submit more than 3 additional letters of recommendation.)
Timeline for Determining the iSchool’s 2024 Distinguished Alum:
Will be announced in January 2024.
Questions can be sent to Tanya Hendricks Cobb at: email@example.com.