Difficult conversations with customers, with staff or with supervisors are usually not comfortable, but steps can be taken to ensure a positive end result. This course will cover tools and best practices to ensure that even the most challenging conversations will result in a happier workplace.
At a glance
- To determine when it’s time to have a difficult conversation
- To provide tools on how to start difficult conversations
- To determine how to stay calm
- To understand how to approach people resistant to talking
- To approach instances of unacceptable work behavior
- To develop effective follow-up after difficult conversations
Pass/Fail grade is based on completing all weekly lessons, discussions, and assignments.
Jamie Matczak is the education consultant at Wisconsin Valley Library Service in Wausau, WI. Previously the associate director/continuing education coordinator for the Nicolet Federated Library System in Green Bay, she has taught Business Communication at Lakeland College, has a BA in Advertising from UW-Eau Claire, and an MS in Applied Leadership for Teaching and Learning from UW-Green Bay. Jamie has presented on marketing, social media and communication at state-wide and national conferences.