In almost every library, personnel costs make up a sizable part of the budget, and the quality of your library’s service is determined largely by the quality of your staff. This course offers a foundation for successful management of this most valuable asset.
At a glance
- Hiring: job descriptions, recruitment, interviewing
- Orientation, continuing education, training
- Personnel policies
- Evaluation, assessment, performance appraisals
- Coaching, motivation
- Discipline and Termination
- Legal issues in hiring and employment
Instructor: Lacey Partlow is the assistant director at the Papillion (NE) Public Library.