iSchool Graduate Assistant Positions
All Teaching Assistant (TA) hires are semester-by-semester and there is no presumption of reappointment. An exception to this is appointments with a funding guarantee, as with iSchool PhD students.
iSchool courses that typically employ TAs are:
- LIS 201: The Information Society
- LIS 202: Information Divides & Differences in a Multicultural Society
- LIS 351: Introduction to Digital Information
- LIS 461: Data and Algorithms: Ethics and Policy
- LIS 500: Code & Power
Hiring criteria will generally be as follows but may differ in certain circumstances
- Seniority and experience
- Subject matter expertise
- Academic Standing
- Performance in prior TAships and Lecturer-Student Assistant appointments
If you have questions about iSchool assistantships, contact either:
Research and Travel Funding
During their time in the program, iSchool PhD students are eligible for departmental funding to support conference, research travel, and/or other research related expenses.
Students can apply to the Graduate School for a Conference Presentation Award and a Travel Research Grant.